Last Updated: November 5th, 2020
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you use the Site, fill out a form, sign up for our marketing communications, make a purchase, apply for a job, communicate with us via third-party platforms, request information about our products and services, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of personal information that we may collect include:
- Basic Personal and Company Details: We collect information about you that you provide to us, including your name, email address, physical address, phone number, agency, company, or organization affiliation, substance of your inquiry, your participation in meetings, calls and webinars (including potential recordings of those meetings, calls and webinars), and any other information you choose to provide.
- Transactional Information: When you enter into a relationship with us to purchase our products and services, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, pricing information, primary billing contact name and email address, payment method, and date of the transaction.
Other Information We Collect When You Interact with Us
When you visit our Site or otherwise engage with us, we automatically collect information about your activities, including:
- Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on our Site, such as search terms that you enter and your navigation within the Site.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you visit our Site, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware brand and model, operating system, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Site, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we may obtain your publicly available information from third-party social media sites and other third-party sources.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information that we or our partners collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer that you are searching for a particular feature of the Site based on your search terms.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect for our own internal purposes, including to provide the Site to you, respond to your requests, process transactions, and communicate with you about our products, services, and events. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our products and services;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, and customers experience surveys;
- Send product updates, technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages to you, and respond to your comments and questions, and provide you customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Casebook and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities on our Site;
- To process your application for employment and recruit and hire employees;
- Tailor your experience on our Site;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Personalize the advertisements you see when you use our Site based on information provided by our advertising partners;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and protect the rights and property of Casebook and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Site;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- With vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising;
- Publicly on our Site, with your consent, if you submit a product review or post content in another public area of our Site;
- If we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Casebook, our users, the public, or others;
- With our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Casebook and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn). As part of these ad campaigns, we or third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interest. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S. AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Casebook is headquartered in the United States and we have operations and service providers in the United States. We and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of some portions of the Site.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Casebook by following the instructions in those communications or by managing your communication preferences by contacting us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
CASEBOOK DOES NOT SOLICIT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN UNDER AGE 13
Casebook does not encourage nor do we knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13 on our website or through third party websites or applications. If you are a child under the age of 13 and wish to contact Casebook through our website or a third party website or application, we request that you do so through a parent or legal guardian.
CASEBOOK IS NOT A HUMAN SERVICES AGENCY
While Casebook’s mission is to assist human services agencies and the individuals they serve, Casebook is not a human services agency. Please do not provide personal health information or other protected information to Casebook via the Casebook website or a third party website or application that connects to Casebook. If you or someone you know is in need, we encourage you to contact one of your state or local agencies.